The Hotel Abando is located right in the commercial and financial hub of the city of Bilbao, very close to the main tourist attractions such as the Guggenheim Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Euskalduna Palace of Congresses and the Alhóndiga culture and leisure centre. This ideal location is strengthened still further by the hotel’s proximity to all types of transport:
- Airport: 15 minutes away from the international airport of Bilbao, “La Paloma”.
- Train Station: Abando Station, just 200 metres from the Hotel Abando.
- Bus Station: The Termibus station is just five minutes away by metro or tram.
- Road: 5 metres from the AP68 and A8 dual carriageway / motorways, at exits “Sagrado Corazón” and “Zabálburu”.
- Metro: 50 metres from the Abando Station.
Constructed in 1991 and recently refurbished, the Hotel features a contemporary façade and avant-garde interior. It offers 141 inviting guestrooms, with a choice of single, double, quad rooms and junior suites. Amongst its services, mention should be made of the hotel’s extensive buffet breakfast, free WiFi connection throughout the hotel, 24-hour room service and a garage with more than 100 places.
Other facilities at the Hotel Abando include a spacious gym (equipped with a sauna), which is free to hotel guests, some spacious and contemporary convention rooms, Business centre, multi-language international library, cafeteria and the “Epaia” restaurant, specialising in Basque and signature cuisine.